BA (English & French literature), Trinity College Dublin (1987)
Editor of The Collins Press for eleven years; freelance since 2019.
Copy-editing, developmental/structural editing, proofreading, plain English editing, typesetting, fiction and non-fiction
Non-fiction: Adventure/outdoor guides, arts & crafts, biography/memoir, cookery, exploration/travel, folklore, history, Irish interest, maritime, natural history, photography, sport, true crime Fiction: literary fiction, fantasy YA and sci-fi
- Battlebridge Press
- Boru Press
- Design & Crafts Council Ireland
- The O’Brien Press
- Julian Vignoles (winner of Anthology Short Story competition 2021)
Examples of work undertaken
- Sarah Webb, The Little Bee Charmer of Henrietta Street (proofreading, O’Brien Press, 2021)
- Padraic Coffey, This Day in Irish History (proofreading, O’Brien Press, 2021)
- Anne L. MacDonell, Glen Rowan (copy-editing and typesetting, Battlebridge Press, 2021)
- Lionel Cohen, Memoir of an Irish Jew (copy-editing, Cork City Libraries, 2021)
- Irish Craft Heroes (copy-editing, Design & Craft Council Ireland, 2021)
- Brian Fleming, The Lived Reality of Educational Disadvantage (copy-editing, production management; self-published, 2020)
- Helen Fairbairn, Ireland’s Adventure Bucket List (copy-editing, production management, The Collins Press, 2018)
- Trevis Gleason, Dingle Dinners (copy-editing, production management, The Collins Press, 2017)
- O’Sullivan & Wilson, Ireland’s Garden Birds (copy-editing, production management, The Collins Press, 2016)
- Louise Phillips, They All Lied (typesetting, Hachette Ireland, 2022)
‘We’re delighted with the high standard of your work.’ – Eleanor Flegg.
‘It has been an absolute pleasure having you as editor of my last five books. You are meticulous, prompt, unflappable and friendly in everything you do, with positive solutions wherever required. You improve the outcome of each project you’re involved in, and everybody working with you benefits from your positivity, organisation and attention to detail. I don’t know how you do it, but thank you – my books wouldn’t have been as good without you.’ – Helen Fairbairn, author of Ireland’s Adventure Bucket List, Ireland’s Best Walks, and walking guides to Dublin & Wicklow, Northern Ireland and Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Way.
‘When I submitted the final draft of my book to Paula Elmore I was acutely aware of its technical and presentational weaknesses. With a mixture of skill, insight, patience and outstanding professionalism she brought it up to the required standard for publication with great efficiency.’ – Dr Brian Fleming, author of The Vatican Pimpernel and The Lived Reality of Educational Disadvantage.