Advanced Professional Member of the Chartered Institute of Editors and Proofreaders (CIEP)
BA (Mod), MA Trinity College Dublin
Training and professional development
2020: Plain English for Editors – Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading (formerly SfEP); 2019: Advanced Copy-Editing – Publishing Training Centre, London 2017: Practical Mark-up of PDFs – Society for Editors and Proofreaders, London 2016: Writing for the Web – Publishing Training Centre, London 2016: Rewriting and Substantive Editing – Publishing Training Centre, London 2012: On-Screen Editing – Society for Editors and Proofreaders, London 2012: Brush up your Grammar – Society for Editors and Proofreaders, London 2011: Certificate in Copy-Editing – Publishing Training Centre, London
French – Fluent, Lithuanian – basic working knowledge
I taught English as a Second Language (ESL) for many years and then transitioned into copy-editing and proofreading. I believe this has equipped me with a sound foundation to work in editing and proofreading, particularly with multilingual authors.
Editing and proofreading for academic authors, research bodies, governmental organisations, particularly for multilingual authors.
Academic journals and books, non-fiction
Education, Social Sciences and the Humanities, the Sciences.
HSE; Public Policy Management Institute (PPMi), Vilnius; CEPS (Centre for European Policy Studies), Brussels; Adoption Authority of Ireland; UNESCO, Paris; Magistrai Translation Agency, Vilnius; Vilnius University Academic Press; Vilnius University Law Department;
Examples of work undertaken
- State of the Art of Indigenous Languages in Research, UNESCO, Paris, May 2022.
- Assessing the reproducibility of research results in EU Framework Programmes for Research, Public Policy Management Institute (PPMI), Vilnius, April 2022.
- European Union policies on onward and secondary movements of asylum seekers and refugees, Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS), Brussels, March 2022.
- European social Citizenship: EU social investment agenda: What does it mean for citizens’ social rights?, CEPS, Brussels, March 2022.
- RTÉ Annual Report 2021. RTÉ, Donnybrook Dublin 4.
- Cultural heritages of water in tropical and subtropical Eastern and Southeast Asia, ICOMOS (International Council on Monuments and Sites), Paris, February 2021.
- A Toolkit to Promote Indigenous Languages in Cyberspace and/or with Digital Technologies, GLOBAL VOICES, Amsterdam, December 2021.
- Feasibility Study for a European Education Exchange Platform, Final Study Report, Public Policy Management Institute (PPMI), Vilnius, November 2021.
- TEACH-RSE Teacher Professional Development and Relationships and Sexuality Education (RSE): Realising Optimal sexual Health and Wellbeing across the Lifespan. Findings from the TEACH-RSE Research Project, HSE-Health Business Services, Dublin, September 2021.
- TRigger Deliverable 7.6 Report/Book including case studies’ reports and lessons learnt for PERSEUS (600 pages), CEPS, Brussels, October 2021.
- Coffee Sensory and Cupping Handbook, Sensory coffee Association, UK, August 2021.
- Study on the use of real-world data (RWD) for research, clinical care, regulatory decision-making, health technology assessment, and policymaking, Public Policy Management Institute (PPMI), Vilnius, July 2021.
- The largest 50 beneficiaries in each EU member state of CAP and Cohesion funds, Study requested Ex-post evaluation of the implementation of DCFTAs between the EU and its Member States and Georgia and Moldova, CEPS, Brussels, April 2021.
- The Struggle for Good Governance in Eastern Europe, 2nd. Edition. Edited by Michael Emerson, Denis Cenușă, Tamara Kovziridze, Veronika Movchan. London: Rowman & Littlefield international. Copyright CEPS.
- Education And Youth In Post-Covid-19 Europe – Crisis Effects And Policy Recommendations, Public Policy Management Institute (PPMI), Vilnius, February 2021.
- Study on “Support to the Observatory for the Online Platform Economy”, Public Policy Management Institute (PPMI), Vilnius, February 2021.
- Analysis of Case Studies of Recovery and Reconstruction. Report ICOMOS-ICCROM, Paris.
As a freelance copy-editor/proofreader since 2009, with a strong background in teaching English as a foreign language, I have considerable experience in reviewing original text for English language consistency and grammar and have a proven record of successful assignment delivery working with both public and private sector bodies across a range of publications from official reports to journal articles to legal documents.